Sunday, September 25, 2005

Anthony and the Magic Picture Frame

Anthony and the Magic Picture Frame is a unique history book written by a father and his twelve-year-old son, Anthony, who travels through time and meets amazing people from history.

"I walked on the moon with Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin. I played baseball with Lou Gehrig and Babe Ruth. I flew from New York to Paris with Charles Lindbergh. I was with the brave soldiers who stormed the beaches of Normandy on D-Day. I cried with survivors of the Holocaust. I watched battle-weary marines raise the American flag on Iwo Jima. I heard the first words to come out of Thomas Edison’s talking machine. I saw the glow of Edison’s first electric lamp. I met FDR. I saw Doctor Jonas Salk conquer polio, and I counted the dimes that made it possible. I crouched in the trenches during World War I. I stood in a breadline during the Great Depression. I crossed the Atlantic Ocean on a steamship one hundred years ago, when my great-grandfather first came to America; I walked with him through the doors to America on Ellis Island. I was with my great-grandfather the day he became an American.

I did it all by stepping through the Picture Frame on my bedroom wall.

My name is Anthony and I am twelve years old. This is my story."

Have you read this book? Seen it? Recommend it? I'd like to hear your input!

You might like these posts, too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin