I have a huge list of books checked out from the library.
I don't want to return them; they now feel like they're my own.
I'm attempting to renew most of them via our online library service.
The service is having a hard time processing my request; I think I've overwhelmed it.
I wonder how many times I can renew these books before I absolutely have to return them.
I wonder how many people are waiting for these same books, which will make renewal impossible.
What will I do then?
How long will I have to wait before I get A Child's History of the World back into my clutches?
One month is not long enough to have a book.
I wonder how much it would cost to purchase all these books with which I've become attached.
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to afford it.
Bard's biology textbook costs $72.00, and I had to pay for that, because they don't have it at the library.
Wouldn't it be nice if there were a home-ed budget?
Wouldn't it be wonderful if I could walk into a bookstore, like the library does, and spend a set amount on books each year?
I have such a long list of what I want.
I'd love to reward the kids for every thing they do with a new book.
When Bard was young, I'd reward her for reading a book by buying her a new book.
I once bought her Little Women and told her that if she read the whole thing, she could buy any book she wanted.
The renewal page on the library site just timed out; I guess it can't handle my renewal requests.
I'll try again.
I started a wishlist on Amazon. I've done this before.
I always hope I'll find the books used at a yard sale or a library sale.
Problem is, I rarely go to yard sales or library sales.
The library has accepted my renewal requests, so, for one more month, I have:
1-2-3 magic by Phelan, Thomas W.
The amazing Mr. Franklin, or, The boy who read everything by Ashby, Ruth
American tall tales by Stoutenburg, Adrien
Applying algebra by McCabe, John L. P
At the back of the North Wind by MacDonald, George
B. Franklin, printer by Adler, David A
Bard of Avon : the story of William Shakespeare by Stanley, Diane
Beethoven : 1770-1827 by Koolbergen, Jeroen
Benjamin Franklin : a photo-biography by Riley, John
Benjamin Franklin : a photo-illustrated biography by Usel, T.
Apparently, blogger thought I was taking too long, too. After entering the other gazillion books, it told me I had to log in first and ate the rest of my post.
Sigh.
Friday Freebie Image: Oct 16
10 hours ago
