Tuesday, September 06, 2005

A wonderful weekend

I had a wonderful visit with my parents-in-law and sister-in-law this weekend, who brought my BEAUTIFUL six-month-old niece to visit! What a lovely, smiley, pleasant little darling. I know you think I'm only saying that because she's my niece, but you just wait until I can get her picture up here on this blog. You'll most assuredly agree.

The weekend was filled with music, shopping, more music, eating, lots of pictures, staring at the stars, good conversation, learning to do Su Doku, playing with a new language (Kung nung-o wung wung hung-a tung-i mung-e a nung, Sunga Runga?) and more music. I loved listening to the boys play their pianos and Lil Sis sharing what she learned during the short time she took lessons. She really should continue!

On Sunday afternoon, we feasted on an excellent chicken barbecue with Memphis Style sauce along with sour cream biscuits, Tasha Tudor's macaroni and cheese, fresh tomatoes and corn.

And then we went shopping.

My mother-in-law began a tradition of taking each of her grandchildren to choose their own Build-A-Bear. Each of my older childen have one that they made while with their grandmother and each bear contains a coin bearing the year of their grandparent's birth. The "bears" (or turtles or cats) are very special to my kids and they have slowly added to their clothing collections. This weekend was The Baby's turn to choose her own Build-a-Bear. She chose a white kitty with pink ears and great big eyes and has thanked me for her "favorite kitty cat" about a million times.

But my favorite part of the weekend was listening to my husband sing. Have I mentioned that he has a voice that turns my knees to jelly and makes my heart go pitter-pat? This weekend's obsession was getting him to sing Sara Smile, a song he'd done on a friend's karaoke system, making our jaws drop to the floor with his perfect inflections and excellent pitch. He can even hit all those Daryl Hall high notes! (Daryl Hall [photo left], I just learned by visiting their website, has Lyme Disease which cancelled their o-HI-o shows. You can read about it on their blog.)

I'm so blessed to have a husband who is so very talented and a family who is willing to cross the miles to visit us.

Now, it's back to lessons. :-)

You might like these posts, too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin