Friday, October 27, 2006

Blessings

I have been so blessed by wonderful women recently who have inspired me to be a better person through their grace, mercy, compassion and selflessness. One sees a place to extend grace, and does. One sees an opportunity to give, and does. One sees a chance to set an example, and does. One sees a moment to grant forgiveness, and does. One sees an opportunity to make me something yummy, and does.

Today, I received in the mail a book from A Circle of Quiet. I had posted a list of books that I was seeking for our schooling, and ACoQ happened to have an extra copy she was willing to sell me--cheap. And then we had a financial crisis, from which we're still trying to recover, and I decided that it was not time to buy a book. She blessed me by saying that she would just send it to me as a gift, but I felt that I needed to give to her, not accept from her, so I refrained. Then I had a very small windfall that I felt I could part with, especially in light of getting a great book at a fantastic price for my children's daily lessons, and I sent her what I had, with a promise to send the rest. But instead, she blessed me by sending the book and asking for nothing more. That book came today, which was a tremendous blessing, but in addition, she included a lovely hand-written note, seed pods from her hollyhocks, candles to soften my environment, a bundle of herbs--lavender, rosemary and others--that I hung in a prominent spot by my front door, and seven California acorns, to represent each of her seven family members. I was touched and moved to tears by this blessing box.

Thank you, D, for such a thoughtful act of kindness. It brightened my day and I thank God for you.

You might like these posts, too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin