Monday, April 03, 2006

Grey

Today=Tired and Grumpy.

I don't know what's up. Perhaps it's the weather, which is grey and cold and rainy. Whatever the reason, I feel like hibernating. Completely. I want to crawl into bed and sleep for God-knows-how-long.

And it would probably be best for everyone. My nerves are on edge, and things just aren't working out well today. A friend of ours, a fellow gardener and exotic chicken breeder, died of cancer last Wednesday and the calling hours are tonight. In a half-hour, actually. Because of a mix-up with Bo's schedule, we aren't going to make it there on time, and that has me stressed out. Not only do we have to go to an unpleasant event, but I also have to get five kids, plus myself, ready to go to an unpleasant event.

The wind blew the trash cans over, and my dad, instead of seeing the problem and just taking care of it, came in and announced it, placing the responsibility of cleaning it up on his grandchildren. I guess I'd had about enough today, so I blew up at him. He very easily could have just picked up the bags of trash and the cans, but he "couldn't" because he was "driving the van." "I'm not into picking up trash in fifty-mile-an-hour winds," he said. Sigh.

The phones weren't working because of a glitch in the beginning part of the installation of our new phone system. Didn't affect me too much, but my dad was having a nervous breakdown over it. Turns out he had a doc. appointment but didn't know when, and since the phones were out, he couldn't call the office. It was today at 2:00. He missed it. I feel responsible, but I don't know why.

Surprisingly, things have been going fairly well for the past week or so, but for some reason, today just...isn't. And this is when I choose to write. Of course.

Someone's whining. Someone's crying. It's time for me to intervene.

Rain, rain, go away.

You might like these posts, too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin