I had a wonderful visit with Bo's youngest sibling, Li'l Sis and her adorable daughter, Li'l Niece. It was so good to see her, have her here, play with her, cook together, and just BE. With Li'l Sis, I don't feel like I need to put up a front. She knows my foibles and imperfections and loves me anyway.
We made chicken breasts using a delicious combination of recipes that I've gathered, altered and concocted over the years and Li'l Sis insisted on making fried potatoes--like deep fried--which set my stomach over the edge, but BOY were they good. Later in the evening, we made a run to the movie store to get "something funny" which we couldn't find, so we came home with Dreamer, which was just okay, not amazing or wonderful or particularly inspiring. Dakota Fanning was cute, though. And Li's Sis, who must be obsessed with food, made a sinful dessert by taking rolls of cookie dough, spreading them in the bottom of a baking dish and baking them until the were barely set and still gooey. This, she served with Breyers Vanilla Ice Cream and Reeses Magic Shell. I had justthismuch so that I wouldn't be a victim to my stomach all night long, but I still ended up with a sour stomach. Eeeyuck.
Li'l Niece is S-O-O-O cute and I couldn't stop taking pictures while she was here! I filled my camera card. FILLED it. 279 photos of Li'l Niece swinging and Li'l Niece playing with the duckies and Li'l Niece being cuddled by my dad and Li'l Niece eating bananas.
It was a wonderful time, and I'm so glad she came. Thanks, Li'l Sis for taking the time, and for all of the wonderful gifts you brought from you (the gorgeous mexican glasses!) and g-ma (the beautiful tealight holders!).
And now, after a very mad dash to clean the house, it's time to receive some other guests.
H'asta la Seeya!
Friday Freebie Image: Oct 16
11 hours ago
