Not only is this a BEAUTIFUL Spring day, but I got some very coolio things in the mail, too. I LOVE getting mail! It's my favorite! Even if I know that I'm going to be getting the thing, like when it's something I ordered, I'm so excited to see that white package sitting on top of my mailbox when I come home from a day of errands that I get giddy. Because we share a mailbox with our neighbors, usually the bulk of the mail is for someone else. I've asked to be removed from most mailing lists because it's just junk that piles up and catalogs that make me greedy.
But today. Oh, TODAY! I approached the mailbox and saw a package perched atop my mailbox and when I looked at it, it was actually FOR ME! I was SO excited! And I knew that it was one of the teapots I had ordered for myself for my birthday!
But, oh happy day, there was MORE! I also received a BEAUTIFUL, brand new hardback copy of Stephen King on Writing that I scored on PaperBackSwap (if you join, be sure to refer to me, as I'll get credits for more awesome books! H.T. to Impromptu-mom). I would never have purchased this book for myself, especially since it's $25.00 brand new, but because I've been watching thrift stores and picking up books from PaperBackSwap, this book cost me little more than the price of media mail. YESSSSS!
AND there's MORE! I also received another birthday gift I bought for myself, my copy of Jason Harrod's newest CD, Bright As You. Jason is one of my favorite indie artists, intelligent and lyrical, and I was way-mobie excited when I saw he had a new release. You can hear a couple MP3s here.
AND, I was able to plant my sugar snap peas, regular peas, cilantro, lettuces and scallions today in my kitchen garden, thanks to the dear men in my life who spent hours tilling and turning the dirt to make it ready for me. I now have two large garden spots as well as my little kitchen garden, and my seedlings are growing like...well, not quite like *weeds,* but like healthy seedlings, just waiting for the day for the "last frost" to be over and done with.
AND (oh, it's just too much, isn't it?) our hens have started laying, so I was able to collect a dozen eggs between yesterday and today. When I finish with this post, I hope to order a few more Aracuana chicks, as well as some turkeys, Indian Runner ducks and broilers.
The perennials in the front garden are thriving, the chives are high, the sage has returned, and I'm so glad that SPRING is HERE!
Oh happy, happy DAY!
