Saturday, February 05, 2005

Cheese in Your Crown

Setting: Our house. Having friends over for a pizza party and games. Our family is standing back to allow guests to serve themselves first. All except Monet. He jumps in line.

Me: Whoa, young man. You have to stand back and let guests serve themselves first. You can go when they're done.

Monet: Aw, man! Then all the cheese pizza will be gone!

Me: (Pulling Monet aside and whispering in his ear) Let me tell you a little secret. The Bible says that the first shall be last and the last shall be first.

Monet: What does that mean?

Me: Well, I think it means that if you rush in and try to be first, then what you get right then is your reward.

Monet: Yeah...?

Me: But if you wait patiently, then you may not get what the others get, but your reward will be much, much greater.

Monet: Yeahhhh...?

Me: So, you'll get, like, extra jewels in your crown in heaven.

Monet: Ooo-kay. That's great, Mom. But I all I wanted was a piece of cheese pizza.

You might like these posts, too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin