Wednesday, February 23, 2005

My New Baby

Okay, so it's not MY new baby, but I get to love on her and stuff. And besides, it takes a village and all that. Right?

My sister-in-law, Lil Sis, who is a regular reader and commenter on this blog, has given me a new neice. I spent so much of Lil Sis's pregnancy praying for her as a pregnant woman that it didn't occur to me that there would actually be a baby until about three weeks before Lil Neice was due. As soon as I realized it, however, I knew, knew, KNEW she was going to be a she. And, of course, I was right. ;-)

Welcome to the world, darling Lil Neice. I'm so thrilled to know you're here, and I can't wait to meet you! I really, really can't! I can't wait to nuzzle that little baby neck of yours and hear that little baby cry. I can't wait to shower you with little baby things and see you grow up and watch you play with your cousins and feed you pancakes and smoothies and buy you hershey's kisses and take you to the movies and celebrate your birthdays and read you A.A. Milne poems.

You are awesome, Lil Neice. Truly. Awesome.

And Lil Sis, I really appreciate you going through all of that pregnancy stuff just so I can have a new neice. That's kind of you. Thanks.

You might like these posts, too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin