What vegetable do you think you look most like?
A red onion, because onions have layers.
What is the best gift someone has ever given you?
There were two, both from my husband. The first was for my birthday, when he got down on one knee and sang me Elton John's Your Song, which I have always felt was my song. While he sang, he gave me gifts that were appropriate to the verses--pottery (for "sculptor"), bath oils and soaps in cool bottles for "potions," etc. He ended it with "how wonderful life is since you're in my world." Very, very memorable.
The other was when we were living at the cabin and he took me out to the tub on the porch on Christmas Eve. Above the tub were six star candleholders, suspended from the porch roof, all lit with tealights. It was absolutely magical.
Where would you most like to visit if you were not constrained by money, time, or era?
I think I would like to go to Hollywood in the forties and attend all of the gala events. It seems like such a grand time, and I think I would get addicted to that lifestyle very quickly, whereas I'm not very interested in Hollywood parties in the current era.
**********************************************************************************
From Mamageph over at Still Odd:
1. If you had to live in another country for 4 years before returning, where would you choose? Why? (BTW, the kids and husband are coming, too.)
England. I'd love to catch that awesome accent and become tons smarter. The British are smarter, right?
2. It's the end of a stressful day. Do you pet the cat backwards, or chase down the kids and put your cold hands in their pits?
Ummm...take a hot bath with a good book?
3. You've got a big refrigerator box. Inside are ten posessions you can not live without. What are they?
My Bible. My computer. My checkbook. My recipes and cookbooks. My camera. My photos. My journal. A pencil. My library card. A magical genie to get the rest of my stuff and give me whatever I want.
