- I finally contacted a local woman about piano lessons for the children. She sounds very wonderful, is local and her price is reasonable.
- I got to talk to impromptu-mom on the phone today and break the news to her that I won't be able to meet with her tomorrow because of the sickness that currently prevails in our household. I'm totally bummed, but we WILL overcome this and someday get together.
- Monet drew and colored stained-glass windows for his painting and began outlining the roots below the tree, but his headache was so bad that he had to stop. I gave him some Alpha CF and he went to rest.
- Sweetheart really got into watching a Christmas video by Mary Englebreit. She insisted that I sit down with her and watch the DVD and draw pictures with her. She insists now that she wants to be an artist.
- Monet did his schoolwork, in spite of the fact that he was puking all morning. Puke, type, puke, type.
- We've been working on Switched on Schoolhouse by Alpha Omega Publishers. Monet really enjoys it. I've had it for a while, but we were unable to get it to work on our computer system. It seems to be working really well now.
- Monet and Bard are also working on their typing using typing software. Monet spent most of the evening playing the game.
- Bard received a gift via UPS from her grandparents: two Train CDs and the Napolean Dynamite video. Way mobie cool. Thanks, grandparents!
- I had a driving job today. I drive for some of my Amish neighbors, so I took a bit of time out of my day today to do that. It makes a bit of extra income to go towards Bard's upcoming China trip.
- Bard and Houdin sold some cookie dough and candles as a choir fundraiser. Nice exercise on this gorgeous day.
- We all watched an episode of Little House on the Prairie.
- Bard began reading Terry Pratchett's book The Thief of Time.
- Houdin told me about Terry Pratchett's book The Last Hero.
- I did a little reading about house concerts. Hosting a house concert is one of the goals on my 101 in 1001 list.
- Houdin and his friend C.J. looked through a few of our books about treehouses and made plans to work on one.
- Bard talked to her aunt and her grandparents.
Kids are ready for bed, and I plan to read a chapter or two of Mandy if my voice will hold out.
